The Scottish-American Military Society (SAMS) was founded and chartered in North Carolina, April 12, 1981, as a non-profit 501 (c) 19, tax exempt, organization with the following purpose:
To preserve and promote Scottish and American Armed Forces customs, traditions, and heritage, by:
* Providing a forum for exchange of military history and genealogical information
* Conducting public education programs
* Presenting military student honor awards
* Supporting Scottish activities at Highland Games
* Making appropriate charitable contributions
* Providing a fraternal atmosphere for members
The Society was founded as a veterans service organization. The membership is composed of veterans who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of the United States and the Commonwealth, mostly of Scots or Scots-Irish ancestry You do not have to be Scots or Scotts-Irish just have a strong interest in the Culture. But you must fulfill the Military connection requirement
If you support the purposes shown above, we would welcome your membership if you qualify. Membership is open to honorably discharged veterans or active duty or reserve military persons who have served or are serving with any branch of the United States or Commonwealth Armed Forces.
Membership is also open to spouses and lineal descendants of Veterans. If you have any question about membership, contact the Commander or the Adjutant for clarification.
Ft. McHenry Post 1814 serves the Baltimore and Central Maryland Region.